Memes often travel between neighboring countries and cultures like genetic material travels between bacteria in a colony. The imitation by one culture of another is rarely a pure copying though, but usually a kind of creative act: a selection, curation, editing, emphasising, painting over. But the distance between some cultures is greater than between others. Edward […]
- AI and the politics of perception
- The minimal genome of Craig Venter’s Syn3.0
- Method and object. Horizons for technological biology
- Is bioinformatics possible?
- Reactive software and the outer world
- The inexhaustible wealth of appearance, information and specificity
- Mysteries of the scientific method