A metaphor lets us view something as something else. Thus it has creative potential: “a forest of legislation” lets us take the behaviours, meaning and ideas we normally associate with forests and apply them in a completely different context. But if no two situations in “reality” are the same – if Heraclitus is right that everything […]
- AI and the politics of perception
- The minimal genome of Craig Venter’s Syn3.0
- Method and object. Horizons for technological biology
- Is bioinformatics possible?
- Reactive software and the outer world
- The inexhaustible wealth of appearance, information and specificity
- Mysteries of the scientific method